There’s this one guy, drunk old rummy, sells the homeless rag outside the LCBO. He’s a local character. Shouts at most everyone walking by. Shouted at me too, until I stopped one day and bought one of his papers. Now he simply nods and smiles, shares a joke: “Some days you get the elevator, some you just get the shaft.” Continue reading
- #amreading #fridayreads After The Quake by Haruki Murakami 3 days ago
- New submission calls from Creative Nonfiction Magazine (scroll down to the bottom): newsletters.getresponse.com/r/8FuM7/E/OO1J… 1 week ago
- #amreading #fridayreads Adventures in the Trade Wind by Richard Dey 1 week ago
- #amreading #fridayreads Caribbean by James A. Michener 2 weeks ago
- Porlock (or man from Porlock, or Person from Porlock) = An unwanted intruder who disrupts literary creativity... 3 weeks ago
Life is an adventure, but publishing is a GIANT adventure. I'm obsessed with books and stories, and my obsessions spill out here, from time to time.