There’s this one guy, drunk old rummy, sells the homeless rag outside the LCBO. He’s a local character. Shouts at most everyone walking by. Shouted at me too, until I stopped one day and bought one of his papers. Now he simply nods and smiles, shares a joke: “Some days you get the elevator, some you just get the shaft.” Continue reading
- @carolynglobal It’s quite rare to see, and has only been observed in Alaskan Humpbacks—an example of learned whale ‘culture’ 3 days ago
- @carolynglobal BTW Carolyn, that video you showed on the Humpbacks on Friday morning? The whales were feeding. The… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- #amreading #FridayReads Just Kids by Patti Smith 4 days ago
- @normaegraham1 Thanks for the tip Norma, I'll check them out 1 week ago
- @normaegraham1 That it is, and I'm happy to admit to a weakness for mystery (Dorothy L. Sayers, PD James, Margery A… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
Life is an adventure, but publishing is a GIANT adventure. I'm obsessed with books and stories, and my obsessions spill out here, from time to time.