There’s this one guy, drunk old rummy, sells the homeless rag outside the LCBO. He’s a local character. Shouts at most everyone walking by. Shouted at me too, until I stopped one day and bought one of his papers. Now he simply nods and smiles, shares a joke: “Some days you get the elevator, some you just get the shaft.” Continue reading
- #amreading #fridayreads River of Stars by Guy Gavriel Kay (@guygavrielkay) 1 day ago
- Federal budget investment in home and palliative care a win for cancer patients bit.ly/2mYVMcn 2 days ago
- RT @metpoliceuk: Incident in #Westminster: We are treating this as a terrorist incident until we know otherwise 3 days ago
- Happy St. Paddy's: 15 Great Irish Writers You’ve Probably Never Read (But Should) lithub.com/15-great-irish… via @lithub 1 week ago
- Legendary Poet Derek Walcott Has Died lithub.com/legendary-poet… via @lithub 1 week ago
Life is an adventure, but publishing is a GIANT adventure. I'm obsessed with books and stories, and my obsessions spill out here, from time to time.